I missed eating Garlic Rice for unknown reason but with sore throat, my family advised me not to take too much fried food. I'm getting better now... thank you for all your get well wishes! I hope I won't get this problem for awhile since more festive seasons coming soon. I don't want to be left out... ;-) So, I thought why not using my pre-fried garlic crisps and add into boiled rice instead of frying the rice. I always fried some extra garlic or onion crisps and keep that for later use. The addition of coriander gives extra fragrant to this rice dish. Since, it's just add-on dish, I even mixed 2 extra types of herbs - Basil and Tumeric leaves :-) For the Tumeric version, I julienned fresh tumeric root and chiffonade the leaves. Just before serving, I add in the herbs and stir the rice well. Then I served the rice with Stir-fry Gai Choi with Shiitake Mushrooms and Salted Fish (as in the pic).
Easy Crispy Garlic Coriander Rice
1 cup Rice, washed & drained
2 tbl Olive Oil
1-2 tbl Minced Garlic
2-3 tbl chopped fresh Coriander Leaves
1. Cook the rice according to manufacturer's instructions. Keep warm.
2. Heat olive oil in another pan in medium heat. When hot, add garlic and stir fry until fragrant and golden brown - about 1 minute.
3. Remove pan from heat and stir in chopped coriander leaves.
4. Pour the garlic -coriander mixture into the freshly cooked white rice. Stir to mix well.
5. Serve garlic-coriander rice on it's own or as accompaniment to meat and other fish dishes.
If you want even faster, you can pre-fry the certain amount garlic crips in advance and bottled with the oil as well. When you need it, just add into rice or any dishes that you want. Besides Coriander, you can also use other herbs like Basil or Italian Parsley.
In this recipe, I used Basmathi rice. You can use Jasmine rice.