Here's the recipe... It's easy provided you already have the basic ingredients at hand. I hope you like it as well. It's nothing fancy, just simple cake... with lots of almonds!
Easy Almond Cake
Makes a 18 cm round cake
125 g Butter
110 g Castor Sugar
2-3 drops Almond Essence (you can add more if you like stronger taste)
3 no Eggs -lightly beaten ( I used Medium Size Eggs @ 60 g each-yes, I weigh them :-P )
120 g Ground Almonds
80 g Plain Flour-sifted
Some Almond Halves/Whole Almonds for decorations (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180 ºC. Brush a deep 18 cm round cake tin (you can use any round tin about that size) with melted butter or oil. Line base with parchment paper (Baking paper).
2. In a mixing bowl; Using electric beaters, beat butter, sugar and almond essence until light and creamy.
3. Add 1/3 of eggs with 1/3 of ground almonds; repeat with remaining eggs & almonds.
4. Using a spatula, fold in sifted flour;stir until ingredients are combined and mixture is smooth.
5. Spoon mixture into prepared tin; smooth surface and decorate with almonds.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted into centre of cake. Leave cake in tin for 10 minutes; turn onto a wire rack to cool.
7. To serve: Dust with castor sugar or icing sugar.
This cake can be keep for 3 days in airtight container or 2 months in freezer.